It's the photography not intended to represent specific things, but exclusively form, color, proportion, etc.
- The jury's decision will now be published on 21 September 2016 because organizational unexpected factors have arisen.
- Closed (the jury has made its decision and the prizes have been awarded)
- There will be only one overall winner, who will receive a prize of €150.
- You can submit up to 3 photographs.
- This contest is free to enter.
- You can submit your photographs from 27 June 2016 to 12 September 2016, inclusive.
- The jury's decision will be published on 19 September 2016.
- The contest jury will be the photographer José Carlos M. Robles, and their decision will be final.
Opine, decide, select, discard, ultimately judge a contest is not an easy task. In the case of abstraction, it is more difficult to be objective and get it right. Observe, appreciate and value these images is subjective and often exceeds the visual skills of the spectator and even of the photographer who submit photographs that do not conform to the proposed theme and are quickly discarded.
High quality works have been presented, many should be among the selected ones. But I had to choose and decide. Finally, the selected works provide or reveal the author's intention to make an attractive, well resolved and technically correct picture, bringing confusion and forcing to contemplate them carefully to decipher some of their keys.
Finally I want to highlight the works presented under the title "In memoriam" that seem to belong to the same author, because the similar style and title. The photographer has chosen a simple theme with a reduced chromatic scale and a successful composition which should be highlighted.
(Translated from original in Spanish)
Photos representing the flowering of Tajinaste. Our endemic plant is between the most beautiful of all the authochthonous Canarian plants. This contest aims to spread this beauty around the world by viewing the photographs and preparing an exhibition.
27 June 2021