Absurd. Capture those situations that, apparently or not, are completely absurd, by their context or by themselves. Creativity or luck? It's up to you.
- Closed (the jury has made its decision and the prizes have been awarded)
- There will be only one overall winner, who will receive a prize of €150.
- You can submit up to 3 photographs.
- This contest is free to enter.
- You can submit your photographs from 28 November 2016 to 30 January 2017, inclusive.
- The jury's decision will be published on 13 February 2017.
- The contest jury will comprise:
Although the theme of the contest was to photograph the absurd, the decision we made as jury was not absurd at all. Yes, it cost us quite reach a verdict, given the difficulty we have had in selecting the finalists and winner among them.
To reach this opinion, basically, we have taken into account the visual impact caused us photography at first glance, and if it is maintained and we generated curiosity and new questions on these displays.
We also valued, importantly, the compositional (first term) and technical (secondary) aspects. We believe that many photographs presented could improve greatly aesthetically if they reframed slightly and their digital postproduction was more careful.
As I said, the final decision has not been easy, since we have found a lot of quality among the finalist photographs, and this has generated many doubts until the last day, but as they say in a famous film: "There can be only one"
We encourage all finalists, and participants in general, to continue photographing situations as curious, beautiful and / or sympathetic as the ones you have submitted to the contest. In fact it would be absurd not to do so.
Photos representing the flowering of Tajinaste. Our endemic plant is between the most beautiful of all the authochthonous Canarian plants. This contest aims to spread this beauty around the world by viewing the photographs and preparing an exhibition.
10 June 2021