There are plenty of buildings of all kinds and of all ages that everyone has seen, but your vision is different from the rest. Let us see the impossible perspective or detail that no one else has seen.
- Closed (the jury has made its decision and the prizes have been awarded)
- There will be only one overall winner, who will receive a prize of €150.
You can submit up to 3 photographs.
This contest is free to enter.
You can submit your photographs from 20 June 2016 to 5 September 2016, inclusive.
The jury's decision will be published on 12 September 2016.
- The contest jury will be the IEFC teacher Quim Farrero (www.quimfarrero.com), and their decision will be final.
Official contest rules
The final selection of 40 images made me work too hard since there were very interesting things so that, even after giving it a lot of thoughts I have decided for one, any of the last 5 would be a worthy winner.
Building With Steps
- The tallest building in Fort Worth, Texas, this simple brutalist architectural design is a unique addition to the vibrant and growing downtown landscape, with a strong, repetitive pattern of windows being interrupted by meticulous, powerful vertical lines. It is the first and the last building you see when driving past this charming Texas town. It also serves as a prominent symbol of both economic and urban activity in the surrounding downtown area, with the interesting Jonathan Borofsky aluminum sculpture placed near.
Among the final selection, I think that this picture is the closest to what is the description of the character of a building. It is concrete, direct and effective and the balance between the two masses (left and right) is very well managed. All this without falling into sensationalism or superficial effects.
- Stairs, which visually had been transformed by the light in a musical instrument …
- El hueco de una escalera en un edificio de principios del siglo XX. La simpleza de las líneas y la decoración hacen de la imagen un placer para la vista.